Audi 80 Competition Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello everyone!

2 posters

Go down

Hello everyone! Empty Hello everyone!

Post by Jckssn Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:37 pm

Hello everyone, found this forum through a link from s2forum when i was reading sküll's thread over there.

27years old male from northen of Sweden who learned to love Audi mainly b/c of its quattro in the winter.
Always had a great interest towards cars but the last years i havent had anything else then my A6 2,6 quattro. Fun? Not at all.
The abstinence is growing bigger each day after something with more "Umpf" and therefore i'm planning a new project this fall, collecting parts atm!

But first a small flashback of my previous Audis!

Hello everyone! 19132-158521
Audi 80 GTE quattro
My first quattro, a really nice car with only 148000km!
I was the forth owner (1 was the car dealer) and this was my way into the quattro addiction.

Meanwhile i had this car i purchased another 80 GTE quattro with the intension of swapping a 5cyl 20vt engine. But while i was building that a guy here up north set his car for sale.
Couldnt resist it...

Hello everyone! 51294-484841
Audi 80 quattro with an 16v 4-banger turbocharged engine. The gearbox was junk but since i had the other project-car i had spare parts, raced that summer with a KR 16v stock bottom end, a mildly ported head with ABF-cams. Charged by a Holset HX40 and all controlled with VEMS. 1,5bar and 7500rpm.

Friggin awsm car on the ice-track!

But when you get the taste of horsepowers - you want more!
So a complete built ABF-engine was purchased.
2,0 seat ABF-engine with JE-pistons and h-beam connecting rods.
A ported top with mechanical lifters and angry cams.

Same turbo was used, but i fabricated new exhaust manifold and intake manifold, together with all the pipings.
9200rpm / 2.0-2,2bar boost. It was a sick friggin car.
The gearbox didnt appriciate the horses so it gave up, during the winter i build new drive line with 6speed 01E, 4,11 rear diff etc.
Without any grip i ran a 11.07/200km/h , was tired of the car so i traded it away. To much time in the garage in the end and not that much driving Sad
Hello everyone! 51294-1275941
Engine compartment with stainless steel intake manifold, etc.

Meanwhile i had the red race-audi i sold the project car, the Audi 80 GTE (regret it to this day) and found myself an Audi 80 Competition!

Hello everyone! 72550-882299
Loved that car, kinda got condition on it but man. Even if i drove a car with 500+ hp and 1000kg this thing was fun to drive around!

Traded the race-car against an Audi RS2
Hello everyone! 168026-1592170
Completly stock Rs2 except the porsche cup-wheels.
Lovely car!
So i sold my competition to my younger brother who needed his first car.

Had the Rs2 for 1,5 years and sold it, little expensive to own - but amazing car anyways.
Bought my A6 2,6 quattro -00 and still own it - and its my only car atm.

But that will soon change!

Hello everyone! 168026-1745682
In the background of the Rs2 here you can see my fathers car, Audi S6 20vt -95 with 5-speed 01e gearbox.
My father just bought himself a Audi S8 (hmm, seemes like the whole family is kinda Audi crazy) and i made him an offer on the S6 that he was willing to take.

But thats just going to be the donor-car, my brother accepted to sell me back my old Competition, so i will merge the two cars together!
At first stage it will be engine and gearbox from the S6 together with brakes and 5-lug conversion.
All controlled with VEMS to pass the swedish MOT.
After it passed the MOT and becomes streetlegal - who knows what happens... Twisted Evil
But my plan is to be able to use it as a daily driver, so more of a fast sportscar for the road than a full out racecar.

Collecting parts and knowledge now about the swap, but thats what the fall will bring for me - a new car project!

Sorry for the long text, hope you got trough it all Very Happy

Jckssn

Back to top Go down

Hello everyone! Empty Re: Hello everyone!

Post by compy Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:31 am

Hello and welcome to the forum....

You present us a little better competition here... Very Happy

https://audi80competition.forumotion.net/f2-my-compi
compy
compy

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum